Getting to Friday Harbor is part of the fun! Whether you travel by ferry or plane, you will enjoy incredible scenery of the San Juan Islands. Once here, the Discovery Inn is minutes by car from the ferry landing or airport in Friday Harbor.
The Discovery Inn
From the ferry landing in Friday Harbor you simply follow the ferry traffic to Spring Street, the main street in town, turn right onto 2nd Street. Then, follow 2nd Street thru two (2) stop signs (2nd Street becomes Guard Street). Continue on Guard Street. We are just past the library on the right hand side of the road.
When traveling by ferry you can bring your car, bike or walk on. Pay parking is available near the ferry landing. Please know, you can rent a car, jeep, moped or bike on the Island.
- Washington State Ferry from Anacortes, WA. There are multiple departures every day. Refer to ferry system recommendations for how early to arrive.
- Washington State Ferry from Sydney B.C. You will need a reservation and refer to ferry system recommendations for how early to arrive.
Driving Directions To Ferry From I-5
From I-5, take Exit 230 at Burlington and follow State Route 20 west to Anacortes. Then, follow signs to ferry terminal. It takes about 90-minutes (with no traffic) to drive from Seattle or Vancouver, B.C. to Anacortes.
By Foot Ferry
- The Victoria Clipper operates a passenger ferry from Seattle once daily on a seasonal basis.
- Puget Sound Express operates a passenger ferry from Port Townsend on a seasonal basis.
- Victoria San Juan Cruises operates passenger ferries on a seasonal basis from Bellingham.
- Leap Frog Water Taxi operates a passenger ferry from Bellingham.
Flying shortens your travel time and allows you to get a bird's eye view of the gorgeous San Juan Islands. The trip takes about 40 minutes by floatplane from Seattle, 25 minutes from Bellingham or 15 minutes from the Anacortes Airport.
- Kenmore Air offers several daily scheduled, non-stop flights from over 45 locations in the Pacific Northwest, including Seattle, Victoria, B.C. and Port Angeles.
- San Juan Airlines offers several daily scheduled flights from Anacortes, Bellingham and Victoria, B.C.
- Westwind Aviation offers charter services.
- Island Air offers charter services.
- Northwest Sky Ferry offers scheduled and chartered flights from Bellingham.
- Airporter Shuttle runs coach service from Sea-Tac Airport and other Seattle and Puget Sound locations to the Friday Harbor ferry terminal six days a week.
- Port of Friday Harbor has space available for over 150 visiting boats ranging in size from dinghies to 150 foot yachts.