Discover... Discovery Inn
For over 40 years, Discovery Inn has been welcoming guests to Friday Harbor with great service, clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere. We look forward to making your visit to San Juan Island a memorable one.
- Reservations can be made here through our website, or by calling 360-378-2000.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to reserve a room at Discovery Inn.
- A deposit equal to 1 night’s stay (including taxes) is required to secure your reservation. Your balance will be charged on the day of arrival.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until your deposit has been processed and we issue you a confirmation number and email. If you do not receive your email confirmation check your SPAM or JUNK folder. If not there, please call to ensure we have your correct email address.
- We observe a seven (7) day cancellation policy. If your plans change and you must cancel or change your reservation MORE THAN 7 days prior to your arrival, your deposit will be refunded to you minus a $25 cancellation fee (per room).
- If you wish to cancel your reservation WITHIN 7 days of your scheduled arrival, you will forfeit the deposit.
- As of your scheduled arrival date, you will be responsible for the entire length of your reservation. Additionally, if you choose to leave early, for any reason, there will be no refunds.
The cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Being a small, independent hotel, cancellations affect us greatly.
- All posted rates are based on Double Occupancy. There is a $10 per person/per night fee for any additional guests over the age of 12.
- Sorry, we do not offer roll-away beds or pac-n-plays.
- Our Deluxe King and Single Queen rooms have a MAXIMUM occupancy of 2 people, regardless of age. Our Double Queen rooms have a MAXIMUM occupancy of 4 people, regardless of age.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, AmEx, and Discover
- If you wish to pay by cash, a credit card is still required to have on file.
- Sorry, no personal checks accepted
- Check in time starts at 3pm until the office closes.
- Photo ID and physical credit card are required at check-in.
- If you require a later check-in – due to the ferry schedule, working late, enjoying an Island adventure, or attending an event – no problem! Simply call us on your day of arrival, and we will arrange a check-in for you.
- Check out time is 11am.
- If you depart before the office opens, there is a key drop box outside the office door.
Unfortunately, we do not offer early check-ins or late check outs, due to the size of our Inn. We will be happy to securely store your luggage before check-in or after check-out if you would like more time on-island.
May – September from 8am – 8pm
October – April from 8am – 6pm
(A member of our staff is always available to address any after hour concerns.)
The credit card holder is responsible for any person who is occupying or visiting your room at the Inn. If any damages occur, above normal wear & tear, you will be responsible for any and all costs incurred to replace or repair any damage to the property or its contents within.
No pets are allowed in the rooms or on the property of Discovery Inn. Registered service animals (as defined in applicable state and federal laws) are welcome of course. but subject to the same damage policy as a guest.
All guest rooms are 100% non smoking (tobacco, marijuana and vaping). Smoking is not allowed on the spa deck or within 25 feet of any doorway. There are designated smoking area on the property.
Violations of either of the above policies WILL result in cleaning fees of a minimum of $200 charged to your credit card. Persistent violations may result in the guest being removed from the property and remainder of the reservation cancelled with no refund given.
Guests who are under the age of 21, or who are unable to provide valid ID, are prohibited from possessing or consuming alcohol on the premises. Persistent violation may result in the guest being removed from property and the remainder of the reservation cancelled with no refund given.
Illegal Drug(s) Policy:
No drugs deemed illegal by the State of Washington are permitted anywhere on premises. Any violation may result in the guest being removed from property and the remainder of the reservation cancelled with no refund given.
Our Hot Tub is open seasonally from May 1 through October 31. The hours of operation are from 8am – 10pm.
Children under the age of 6 are not allowed in the Hot Tub. Children between the ages of 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For seniors, pregnant, and concerned guests, the hot tub temperature is 103-104 F (39-40 C). Please consult your physician if deemed necessary.
… no glass is permitted in the Hot Tub area.
… do not use towels from your room, spa towels are provided.
Thank you for understanding:
We reserve the right to close the hot tub at any time for any reason.
Before and after your ride:
Bicycles are not allowed in the guest rooms or on the decks of the main building. This is for your safety, the safety of your bicycle, and the safety of other guests, because it is a fire hazard.
There is a bike rack available adjacent to the parking area. Our staff is also happy to store your bike in a locked shed, which you would have access to during office hours.
We do not have bicycles for rent, but we know all the places on island that do! Just ask!
We observe quiet hours from 10 PM until 8 AM.
We ask that all guests honor this policy and keep noises down during this time. Please respect the neighbors, your fellow guests, and the Innkeepers.
No large parties or gatherings are allowed inside the guest rooms, and after 10pm no gatherings of any kind are permitted anywhere on premises.
- For any personal item(s), excluding food and perishable items, left in your guest room after checking out, we try our very best to reach out to you immediately, before you depart San Juan Island.
- However, if shipping is needed, we will be happy to send any forgotten items, with postage being at your own expense.
- After 30 days, any item(s) left unclaimed, will be donated or thrown way.
We can be reached at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 378-2000
If you would like to set up a pick up for your items to be shipped, use the information below:
1016 Guard Street
Friday Harbor, WA 98250